The Breast Imaging Division provides excellent patient care in the areas of technology and medical expertise. Our team provides screening, diagnostic mammography, digital breast tomosynthesis (3D mammography) and ultrasound. Breast MRI is also available on site. Our breast imaging practice has been designated as "Center of Excellence" by the American College of Radiology and it is an essential part of the Breast Health Program at the University of Arizona Cancer Center since 2009.
Because a woman’s best defense against breast cancer is early detection, it is our mission to combine state-of-the-art technology with the expertise of our breast imaging physicians to discover breast cancer in the earleast stages. Our caring and efficient staff, including specialty-trained physicians and technologists, is committed to optimizing the early detection of breast cancer and effectively managing all breast-related problems according to the highest possible standards. We do this while fostering a team approach with our referring providers and constantly striving to provide a comfortable and informative experience for our patients. We provide full-service imaging, including breast cancer screening, diagnostic studies, and image-guided procedures.
- Dedicated breast imaging center with tomosynthesis and breast MRI on siteDedicated breast imaging center with tomosynthesis and breast MRI on site
- Interventional services include 3D-guided breast biopsy, Ultrasound-guided breast biopsy, MRI-guided breast biopsy, and Savi-Scout ® reflector localization procedures
- Designated as "Center of Excellence" by the American College of Radiology
- Highly collegial and collaborative work environment including work with dedicated breast surgery and oncology physician colleagues
- Prototype experimental CT tomographic breast imaging unit on site under investigation; Two current major NIH grants support research in dedicated breast CT