The Neuroradiology Division provides expert imaging and interventional therapy for diseases and characterization of abnormalities of the central and peripheral nervous system, spine and head and neck. Our team strives to use the best, shortest and most effective scanning techniques and MR protocols are standardized for improved throughput, scan quality and patient comfort levels.
Our philosophy of care is to provide expert and timely consultation to our clinical colleagues regarding the imaging findings on their patients. We are also involved in neuroimaging research and teaching at the medical student, resident, and fellow levels. The division participates in regular multidisciplinatry conferences for Epilepsy and collaborates with faculty in the Department of Neurology and the Department of Neurosurgery, Ophthalmology and Vision Science and Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery.
- Expert imaging and interventional therapy for fetal, neonatal, pediatric and adult brain and spine
- Emphasis on rapid stroke imaging, brain tumor adn dementia imaging
- DTI for brain and spine, Perfusion (DCE and DSC) for Brain Tumors, DSC Perfusion imaging for Acute Stroke
- Volumetric imaging included in CT protocols providing 3-D views for all images
- Major procedures include head and neck biopsies under ultrasound and CT guidance, bone and soft tissue biopsies of the spine, pain procedures for the spine, lumbar punctures, Myelograms and intrathecal chemotherapy administration