Thirty years experience as an academic neuroradiologist. I also had a six-month sabbatical gaining more expertise in head and neck radiology. Favorite areas of interest are temporal bone and orbital imaging. Positions: Private practice, Diagnostic Radiology, Missoula, MT (1975-1980) Assistant Professor of Radiology, UAHSC (1981-1987) Neuroradiology Section Associate Professor of Radiology, UAHSC (1987-1993) Neuroradiology Section Professor of Radiology, UAHSC (1993-present) Neuroradiology Section
Raymond F. Carmody, MD
Professor Emeritus of Radiology, Medical Imaging
- MD: Indiana University Medical Center, 1965-1969
Honors and Awards
- Listed in The Best Doctors in Tucson, Tucson Lifestyle Magazine Examiner, 2002 - 2010
- Listed in The Best Doctors in America,1996-1997, 2010
- Fellow, American College of Radiology, 1999
- The Grand Saguaro Award Outstanding Teacher of the Year Awarded by Radiology Residents,1983
- Saint Joseph's Hospital, Denver, CO, 1969-1970
- USAF, 1970-1972
- University of Texas Health Science Center, Diagnostic Radiology, 1972-1975
- University of Arizona Health Science Center, Neuroradiology, 1981
- American Board of Radiology
- C.A.Q. in Neuroradiology
Hershman, M., R. Carmody, and U. K. Udayasankar, "Case 252: Acute Hyperammonemic Encephalopathy Resulting from Late-Onset Ornithine Transcarbamylase Deficiency.", Radiology, vol. 287, issue 1, pp. 353-359, 2018 04.
Becker, J., W. Kubal, S. Hur, R. Khan, R. Inampudi, R. Carmody, D. Gilbertson-Dahdal, R. Buckner, and K. Nael, "The Utility of a Rapid 13-Minute MRI Protocol for Evaluation of the Pediatric Brain Following Intracranial Trauma", American Society of Neuroradiology: American Society of Neuroradiology, 04/2015.
Meshksar, A., J. P. Villablanca, R. Khan, R. Carmody, B. Coull, and K. Nael, "Role of EPI-FLAIR in patients with acute stroke: a comparative analysis with FLAIR.", AJNR Am J Neuroradiol, vol. 35, issue 5, pp. 878-83, 2014 May.