Medical Imaging is committed to wellness and mentorship initiatives in support of our residents. The mission of the wellness committee is to foster an environment that promotes positive well-being, team building, and resilience among our UArizona Radiology Residents. By providing diverse programs and activities, our aim is to support balanced lifestyles that will become the foundation for a successful future.
Our program has secured funding from Banner Health allowing residents to organize events for residents, fellows and attendings. We host both formal and informal gatherings such as dinner-night, bowling, bike-riding and social hour gatherings.
Tyson Chadaz, MD
Assistant Professor, Medical Imaging
Associate Program Director, Diagnostic Residency
Saguaro National Park Labor Day Run
Romero Pools Hike
Snowbowl Ski Trip
Yoga Wellness Fridays
Team Building and Mentoring
We are focused on team building and are in the process of creating a House system, with the option of one-on-one mentorship.
Informal Conferences and Workshops
The Wellness Committee has implimented a monthly resident meeting for informal conference presentations that are put on by Associate Program Director, Tyson Chadaz, MD. Lunch is provided and topics include:
- Imposter Syndrome
- Identifying and Coping with Burnout
- Balance at Work and at Home
Through our professional development initiative, we provide workshops focused on CV writing, professional photos, and interviewing. See the radiology conference schedule for meeting details.
Research on Wellness
- Well-Being in Residency: A Systematic Review
- Resident Wellness Matters
- Evidence-Based Interventions that Promote Resident Wellness from the Council of Emergency Residency Directors
- AAMC Article: It's time to get serious about resident wellness
- VERGE reporting for issues or incidents (bannerhealth.com email address required for access)
- Graduate Medical Education - Resident and Fellow Wellbeing Program
- COM-T Mental Health Services